Saturday, February 2, 2013

Laura and David's Wedding at the Alderbrook Resort









November 10th 2012.

When Laura and I sat down to talk wedding flowers earlier in the summer, I immediately knew this beautiful bride had a perfect vision for her wedding. Her color palate was green, pink and brown. Summer colors in winter, how unique!

She pulled a black lantern out of her bag and asked if I could design a centerpiece around it (see centerpiece image above). The lanterns were to be filled with ivory pillar candles, embellished with lush florals for table decor and outdoors at the cocktail area.

As Laura was just finishing up (chef) school and had a passion for cooking, we talked about adding some herbs to her bridal bouquet (rosemary and sage), which I did. She also loved succulents so I added a couple into the mix. I was so happy that she loved her bouquet. For David and the groomsmen's boutonnieres I used the same type succulent wrapped in lush grey velvet.

I had so much fun playing with flowers for Laura and David's wedding.

Images coursey of Aubin Ahrens Photography - thank you for sharing!

http://www.aubinahrensphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment